Sunday, October 25, 2009

GWO--Girls Weekend Out! :0)



Okay...I am finally posting our "Girls Weekend Out" pictures. Amber, Denise, and I enjoyed a few days in the Smoky Mountains over Fall Break. We left on Thursday and came home on Sunday. Our husbands surprised us with a trip just for the "girls". My first reaction was "No, I'm not going. I can't go." I have never done this before...leaving my kids and husband just for a pleasure trip! (I had only been one time and that was to a Reading Conference when Austin was little for a night or two and I believe I cried when I left!) I "teared" up when I would think about going for a while and then Terry told me that yes I was going. Well....I ended up not only going but deciding to take an extra day off and leave early that morning! While we were there we ate and shopped and ate and shopped and ate some more and shopped some more! :0) We also took out a little while and went to the picnic area on the road up to the Chimney Tops. It made us want to start a yearly tradition! (Actually...Denise said more like a quarterly tradition!)
The trees were not changing alot while we were there, but here they were some.
Awwwwwww....relaxation!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The tree really wasn't that high off the ground!
Wasn't it pretty????

Let's do a little climbing on the rocks. Be a little adventurous!





And speaking of adventurous.....
I believe at this point, I was thinking...should I???? And my dear friend Amber was saying, "If you fall in, we are not coming in after you!" :0) I decided I better stop where I was!





Yeah!!! We made it! I think about this time after our carefully chosen path out to the rock....we were seeing these 2 young boys jumping from rock to rock. But you know the difference is because they had on their tennis shoes and we were barefooted. That had to be the only difference, right??????


This is one of those times we were waiting to eat....again! This time...The Apple Barn.



This is how far we had to park to shop on Saturday. We wanted to shop pretty bad, didn't we?Yes, that is grass not pavement!


Thanks girls for a fun weekend, thanks to our husbands for our trip, and thanks to our kids and our families for helping us out and working together to allow us to go!



5 comments:

  1. I am so glad y'all had a great time! Matt, Anna Beth, and I are going in two weeks and I cannot wait! I think a quarterly tradition sounds nice for y'all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you - (i know how hard that was for you to go) You forgot about our one night trip to b-ham (me, you, and Mrs. Ann) (oh and Carmon - you were preg with her-

    Hope you are having a good school year- miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I think I should have required pre-approval on some of these pictures!! Oh well, I have nothing to black-mail you with since you posted your "no" picture already, so I guess I will just have to let it slide this time. Give me a few weeks and I think I will be ready to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, You are right. How could I forget that one??? The Krispy Kreme stop....that was delicious. Yes, I was pregnant with Carmen and got the bed to myself! I also put away several of those donuts but so did ya'll! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you girls had a great trip. I know y'all enjoyed getting away for a few days. I just love The Apple Barn!

    ReplyDelete