Monday, August 10, 2009

The good....and the bad.....

It has been a whirlwind these past 2 weeks! We were ending the summer break with a wonderful trip to the beach! We had a great time until, as some of you know, returned home a little early because of the very saddening news that my mother-in-law wasn't well at all. We left a couple of days early and returned home Saturday night between 9:30 and 10:00, went straight to the nursing home, and then she passed away at about 3:00 that next morning. I am glad we got back. She is much better off but selfishly, we are going to miss her. Here is a picture of Granny and my kids just last November around Thanksgiving. She really went down this past year. I am proud of the time we had with her and that all 3 of my kids got to know their Granny. She was 88. So what started out as a happy time at the beach ended up as a sad time when we returned.

1 comment:

  1. beth- so sorry i hear about terry's mom. Know that I am thinking of you dealing with that and starting back to school.

    ReplyDelete